On the last day of the sale, I want to call out some indie games that I’ve enjoyed that are super cheap. I love supporting indie developers because they often take more chances with their games, and the developers have more to lose personally. I want to see them succeed and expand their scope.
- Bastion/Transistor -75%/$3.74/$4.99 – Supergiant Games might be one of the bigger indie developers on this list, but they’re still an independent studio. Bastion and Transistor are amazing games and I’ve written a lot about them. Get both for under $8, but I also recommend you get their soundtracks. They’re absolutely music worth listening to outside of the games. http://store.steampowered.com/app/107100/ http://store.steampowered.com/app/237930/
- Abyss Odyssey -80%/$2.99 – ACE Team makes a lot of weird stuff, and Abyss Odyssey is no different. It’s part Smash Bros., part Dark Souls, part Metroid. http://store.steampowered.com/app/255070/
- Axiom Verge -40%/$11.99 – It’s hard to imagine $12 as pricey, but this one is worth it. It’s a brilliant Metroidvania, made by one person! You don’t get much more indie than that. http://store.steampowered.com/app/332200/
- Dust: An Elysian Tail -80%/$2.99 – Another single developer game that’s extremely impressive. It’s also a Metroidvania, with a greater focus on melee combat, combos, and clean art. http://store.steampowered.com/app/236090/
- Volume -75%/$4.99 – The second game from Bithell Games is not a followup to Thomas Was Alone, but the Metal Gear inspired Volume. I’m not good at stealth, but everything about this game works well and gives it a puzzle game feeling. http://store.steampowered.com/app/365770/