I don’t really need an excuse to workout, but I could use one to workout more. I’m already working out 4 – 5 times a week, so what’s two more days? That said, I should give myself some ground rules beyond just “workout every day”. So here’s what I’m going to stick to!
- Any physical activity I do for more than 30 minutes that I wouldn’t normally do counts as working out.
- Moving furniture doesn’t count, even though moving furniture sucks and I basically never move furniture.
- Mowing doesn’t count.
- Walking doesn’t count unless I go over my goal step count. My goal step count is 10,000. I rarely go over 5,000, and I usually go over because I’m running.
With those ground rules laid out, here’s a schedule of how I’m going to accomplish it.
- Monday – Body Pump / strength
- Tuesday – Run / cardio
- Wednesday – Body Pump / strength
- Thursday – Run / cardio
- Friday – Weightlifting / strength
- Saturday – A little strength, a little cardio? Or just cardio.
- Sunday – Something easy. Maybe work on that step count.
This feels like it was the longest month of my life. I blame Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag. Despite being a lot of fun, it was also really long compared to most games I play. I really wanted to finish South Park: The Stick of Truth, but WrestleMania ensured that wasn’t going to happen. I think I’m close to the end, but it’s April now, so it doesn’t count. I mean, it counts in that I will finish the game this week, but not for March Madness!!!
The stakes for both of us were really raised when we decided a week in to incentivize the competition with a reward of being able to spend $20 on video games guilt-free. Not that either of us really feel particularly guilty about buying video games, but it’s a coupon for $20 of video games, no questions asked. I thought Black Flag was going to be the end of me, and Katie had a few false starts. When she got moving, and I was still playing Black Flag, I was really concerned she was going to win it. I’m pretty sure the average completion time of the games on her list was fully shorter than mine, but she was more ambitious in what she put on her list than I was. But let’s take a quick look at the final stats.
|AC4: Black Flag
||Edna & Harvey: The Breakout
|Mark of the Ninja
|Strike Suit Zero
||Broken Sword 5
|South Park: The Stick of Truth